I actually doubled the recipe, intending to put different mix-ins in each, but chocolate chips are universally loved (read: by me), so I ended up putting (a lot) of those in both batches. I also left them slightly undercooked, because there is nothing worse than an overcooked brownie/blondie and nothing better than an undercooked cookie.
Chocolate Chip Blondies
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of Salt
1 cup All-Purpose flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Grease an 8x8" pan and preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix melted butter with brown sugar and beat until smooth.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla.
4. Stir in flour and chocolate chips.
5. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until edges are set. Bake slightly longer for more well-done blondies.
6. Cool on rack (or in refrigerator) before cutting into 16-25 squares.