2 1/2 cups sour milk or buttermilk
2 cups (300 grams) whole wheat flour
4 cups (600 grams) all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl
3. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients
4. Pour the sour milk/buttermilk into the well.
5. Mix the dough until the flour is completely incorporated - it will be very stiff.
6. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet.
7. Pat or roll the dough into a circle shape, approximately 1 inch thick. Using your fingertips or the blunt end of a wooden spoon handle, make several dimples in the top of the dough, similar to focaccia bread.
8. Place the baking sheet on the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake for 30 min.
9. Reduce the heat to a moderately hot 400 degrees. Pull the baking sheet out from under the dough, so the parchment is directly on the oven rack. Bake for 10 more minutes or until the top is golden brown.