With the warm weather finally reaching Virginia, I wanted to make something cool, and immediately thought of my favorite summer snack - jello. I love, love, love Earl Grey tea but typically stick to iced green or fruity teas, so I challenged myself to make Earl Grey to go, using unsweetened almond milk and unflavored gelatin. For all these "un" flavors, this recipe punched a flavorful punch with a fun texture that reminded me of flan.
I really loved this recipe and can't wait to experiment with other tea flavors. Give it a try and then visit the other Recipe Redux member blogs to explore their creative recipes using tea!
Earl Grey Jello Bites
1 package unflavored gelatin (grass-fed, organic if possible)
1 Earl Grey teabag, steeped in water.
1/2 cup milk of choice
sweetener, to taste
1. Bring 1 cup tea to a boil and add 3/4 of gelatin package. Stir well until all gelatin is dissolved. Add 1/2 cup cold water, stirring well, pour into small dish and refrigerate.
2. Heat milk until boiling and add remaining gelatin. Stir well to combine.
3. Add sweetener of choice and 1 cup cold water to milk mixture. Stir well.
4. Add milk mixture to tea mixture and place dish back into refrigerator for 3 hours or until firm.
5. When ready to eat, cut into small cubes, and dig in!